The Customer Focus™ Online Virtual Customer Service Training
Creating an Amazing Customer Service Experience
The Customer Focus™ online customer service training brings our best customer service training direct to the learner’s computer.
Here is customer service training that is cost effective, perfect for the company with multiple locations, and available as an individual license or a group license that could include your entire organization. It is perfect as a stand-alone customer service training course or can be used as a follow-up to our live on-site training (or any other customer service program your people may have participated in).
It’s all about creating an amazing customer experience. And, creating customer amazement isn’t hard. It’s something we can all do, and be good at it. And, not just good, but amazing! Delivering amazing customer service isn’t just for people on the front-line or in customer-facing jobs. It’s everybody’s job, from the CEO to the most recently hired employee. Because…
Customer service isn’t a department; it’s a philosophy.
It means adopting the right mindset and having the right attitude about our customers, both internal and external. It’s about everyone, regardless of their position, being a leader and role model when it comes to creating amazing service.
There are four courses with a total of 23 chapters. In Course One the participant will print out an extensive workbook to use throughout the program. This playbook will be used to take notes and record how the participant will use the material he/she learns. At the end of each chapter there is a short quiz. At the end of the fourth course there is a “final quiz.” Upon completion of the four courses, the participant receives a certificate of completion.
By the way, none of the courses or chapters have to be completed in one sitting. The participant can work for ten or fifteen minutes, come back the next day and pick up where he/she left off.
This is a true Learning Management System (LMS). A manager or supervisor with “administrative rights” can view the progress of each learner, view quiz scores, see who’s completed the course and much more.
Go to The Shepard Virtual Training Center, learn more about The Customer Focus™ and take a tour.
Online Virtual Customer Service Training Outline
Course One – An Introduction to Creating Customer Amazement
- Chapter 1 – Introduction: The definition of customer amazement: Better than average, all of the time.
- Chapter 2 – Creating an Amazing Customer Experience: A world class example of customer service with a lesson from a taxi-cab driver.
Course Two – Seizing the Moment
- Chapter 1 – The Five Levels of Service: Where do you and your organization rank in the Five Levels of Customer Service, ranging from Unacceptable to Trademark?
- Chapter 2 – The Internal Customer: Focusing on internal customers is just as important as the external customer.
- Chapter 3 – Moments of Truth: Any “touch point” or interaction you have with your customer is an opportunity for them to form an impression.
- Chapter 4 – Moments of Magic®: Any positive Moment of Truth is a Moment of Magic®
- Chapter 5 – Customer Service is Not a Department. It’s a philosophy: Customer service is everyone’s responsibility, regardless of job title and responsibility. This chapter concludes with three simple customer service strategies that you will implement immediately.
Course Three – Transforming the Moment
- Chapter 1 – From Misery to Magic: Complaints are opportunities to show how good you are.
- Chapter 2 – Problem Solving: Resolving complaints and solving problems.
- Chapter 3 – Problem Prevention: Proactive complaint resolution.
- Chapter 4 – The Complaint, the Problem and the Conflict: The perception of a complaint or problem belongs to the customer.
- Chapter 5 – Solving Their Problems: Solving the problem isn’t good enough. You must also restore confidence.
- Chapter 6 – How to Say “NO”: Even though our customers hate to be told “no,” sometimes it is necessary.
- Chapter 7 – Recovering From a Moment of Misery™: Eight steps to help recover from a Moment of Misery™ plus three additional customer service strategies that you will implement immediately.
Course Four: Improving the Moment
- Chapter 1 – Focus on the Phone: Introduction to using the phone with strategies that also work with in-person, face-to-face interactions.
- Chapter 2 – The Seven Principles: Seven basic phone strategies that focus on the customer.
- Chapter 3 – Handling the Angry Caller: Simple solutions for dealing with an angry customer.
- Chapter 4 – Looking at Complaints from Both Sides: Complaints are opportunities to show how good you are. Embrace them.
- Chapter 5 – A Complaint Management Strategy: Defuse the anger or confrontation and resolve the complaint.
- Chapter 6 – Moments of Innovation: A process to create an ever-improving organization.
- Chapter 7 – Three more customer service strategies. More on Moments of Magic®
- Chapter 8 – Final thoughts and comments about creating Customer Amazement.
- Chapter 9 – Conclusion: The final three instantly implementable Customer Service Strategies and the final quiz.
Click here to go to The Customer Focus™ virtual training site.